Top Crypto Wallets for Bitcoin Casinos
Most players prefer to directly transfer crypto from an exchange to a Bitcoin casino. This is a handy way to play, but sometimes you may need a separate wallet for crypto casinos. Learn how to use crypto wallets and keep your digital assets secure to access the most sustainable payment method in today's world.
What Is a Crypto Wallet for Bitcoin Casinos?
A crypto wallet for Bitcoin casinos is software that allows you to manage public and private keys in crypto networks to deposit funds, withdraw winnings, and store your digital assets. Curiously, when playing at a no registration casino, you can forego creating an account altogether and use your crypto wallet to log in instead. The public key is the address of your wallet, while the private key is a secret code you need to control it.
Crypto wallets are available for desktops, smartphones, and web browsers, or they may come as stand-alone devices. They also may have additional features, such as a swap service or decentralized applications, but none of these are mandatory to play at a Bitcoin casino.
Why May I Need a Crypto Wallet for Bitcoin Casinos?
- Your crypto exchange service has no storage capabilities If this is the case, you can transfer crypto directly to a Bitcoin casino, but some users prefer to use a bridging wallet.
- You don't trust the exchange It’s no secret that crypto exchanges get hacked every now and then. What's more, the exchange may pause withdrawals at any time due to technical reasons. When you store crypto at an exchange, its operator manages the keys for you. For self-custody, you need a personal wallet. Please note that if you have no intention to take the security of your wallet seriously, it will be safer just to leave the assets on any reputable exchange.
- The exchange restricts transactions for gambling purposes Terms of some crypto exchanges prohibit you from transacting with Bitcoin casinos. On top of that, in order to comply with the law, the exchange may request information about the counterparty in the transaction. To avoid unwanted questions, transfer crypto from the exchange to your personal wallet before depositing it into a Bitcoin casino.
- You want to play anonymously Depending on your country of residence, crypto exchanges may occasionally or even systematically report customer transactions to the authorities. If you are uncomfortable with that, using a personal wallet is the first thing you should do to play at a Bitcoin casino anonymously. Choosing a no verification casino is also essential for those seeking an anonymous gambling experience.
Hence, depending on your circumstances and preferences, you may have a good reason to install a separate wallet for Bitcoin casinos instead of using a crypto exchange.
How to Select a Crypto Wallet for Bitcoin Casinos
There is a wide selection of crypto wallets available online, but not all of them are equally good and not all meet the needs of Bitcoin casino players. Let's take a look at the features a worthy crypto wallet for Bitcoin casinos should have.
- The wallet must have a high reputation The wallet must have been around for at least a few years and have no known vulnerabilities. It is better to use an open-source wallet, so independent community members can verify its reliability and the absence of backdoors.
- The wallet must be non-custodial In other words, developers should have no access to your private keys. Some services commonly referred to as crypto wallets do not provide private keys to their users at all. With the same success, you can keep your crypto on an exchange.
- The wallet must support different cryptocurrencies Most Bitcoin casinos offer games for different cryptocurrencies, and Bitcoin is not always the best option for deposits. Therefore, you may want to use another cryptocurrency, so it is important that the wallet supports it.
- The wallet should not need a node Some of the most reliable wallets operate as a full node or an independent computer in the cryptocurrency network. In the case of Bitcoin, to install a full node, you need to download more than 400 GB of data. This is an overkill if you are going to use a crypto wallet for playing at Bitcoin casinos or other everyday transactions.
- The wallet should have a user-friendly interface Crypto wallet developers have been paying more attention to user experience lately, so there is no reason to use cumbersome software.
Based on these criteria and our experience, we have selected the best crypto wallets that will allow you to play at Bitcoin casinos easily and safely.
Best Desktop Crypto Wallet for Bitcoin Casinos - Exodus
Created in 2015, Exodus is one of the most appropriate crypto wallets for beginners. This wallet has everything you need to play at a Bitcoin casino or an Ethereum casino, including fast switching between cryptocurrencies and automatic calculation of fees depending on the current network load. With the built-in exchange service offered by Exodus, you can obtain any cryptocurrency for a deposit into an online casino without transferring funds to an exchange.
The Exodus desktop wallet is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. What's more, Exodus has a full-fledged app for mobile devices running iOS and Android. Simply download the app to your smartphone and enter the mnemonic phrase to use the same wallet on multiple devices simultaneously.
The Exodus team releases updates every two weeks to keep the codebase up to date. A curious fact: the shares of Exodus Movement Inc, the company that created the wallet, are listed on the over-the-counter market under the ticker EXOD.
How to Make a Deposit at LTC Casino Using Exodus
- Download Exodus from the official website. Follow the instructions to securely set up your wallet. You will need to set a password and write down a 12-word mnemonic phrase that you may need to restore access to your wallet. Keep it in a safe place, as anyone knowing it can transact with your funds.
- Top up your wallet. To this end, select a cryptocurrency in Exodus and click “Receive”. You will see the address of your crypto wallet on the screen. Use it to transfer crypto from an exchange or another source. The same works for withdrawing your winnings from LTC Casino.
- Visit the LTC Casino website. Create an account if you don't have one. We do not require KYC or personal data. In the left menu, click "Deposit", then select a cryptocurrency to play with. LTC Casino accepts Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Tether (USDT), Dogecoin (DOGE), and XRP. Please check out the information about depositing with each particular cryptocurrency.
- Use the casino deposit address to send crypto from Exodus. Copy the address, then return to Exodus and click on "Send". Next, paste the casino deposit address and enter the deposit amount in cryptocurrency or traditional currency.
- As soon as the deposit reaches your casino account, you can start playing. Depending on the chosen cryptocurrency, this takes from a few seconds to 10-15 minutes on average.
Pros and Cons of Exodus for Playing at a Bitcoin CasinoPros:
- Simple and clear interface;
- Supports more than 200 cryptocurrencies;
- Exchange and buy crypto in the wallet;
- One software for multiple devices;
- Additional applications in the wallet;
- Support desk.
- Closed source code.
Best Mobile Crypto Wallet for Bitcoin Casinos - Trust Wallet
Trust Wallet has been exclusively focused on mobile devices since its inception in 2017. It is also an official wallet of the Binance exchange ecosystem, which attests to its quality.
The main distinctive feature of Trust Wallet is its functionality. Trust Wallet supports thousands of crypto assets on dozens of blockchains, is compatible with almost all existing hardware wallets, offers an option to buy crypto with traditional currency, and much more. That said, the developers managed to keep the Trust Wallet interface as smooth as possible, making it perfect for playing at Bitcoin casinos from a mobile device.
How to Make a Deposit at LTC Casino Using Trust Wallet
- Download the Trust Wallet app from Google Play or App Store.
- Upon the first launch, the wallet will display a 12-word mnemonic phrase. Write it down and keep it in a safe place, as you may need it to restore access to your wallet later.
- You will see a list of available cryptocurrencies on the main screen. There are five of them by default. If you can't find the cryptocurrency you need, tap on "Add Tokens" at the bottom.
- Top up your wallet. To purchase cryptocurrency with traditional currency, use the "Buy" button. You can also transfer assets from another wallet. After choosing a cryptocurrency, tap on the “Receive” button to view your wallet address.
- Then you will only need to send cryptocurrency to the casino deposit address. Repeat the steps described in paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Exodus section above, as the process is the same. The only difference is that you can scan the QR code generated by the casino using the camera on your smartphone to enter the deposit address.
Pros and Cons of Trust Wallet for Playing at a Bitcoin CasinoPros:
- Handy interface for operations with crypto on a mobile device, including the ability to enter an address using a QR code;
- Supports thousands of crypto assets;
- Exchange and buy cryptocurrencies in the wallet;
- Increased security due to the isolated launch of applications on mobile devices;
- Open source code.
- No desktop version.
Best Browser Crypto Wallet for Bitcoin Casinos - SafePal
If you want to avoid installing stand-alone Bitcoin wallet software, consider web wallets. However, there are two major problems associated with them:
- Wallets accessed through a website interface are usually provided by payment processors or exchanges. This means that the wallet provider holds your assets and can tell you how you use them. For example, they may require KYC or impose withdrawal limits.
- Wallets delivered as a web browser extension are in most cases focused on decentralized finance. Most of the time, they don't have assets that are popular at crypto casinos, including Bitcoin and Litecoin.
SafePal is one of the few browser wallets that are good for playing at a Bitcoin casino. This is a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge developed by the hardware wallet manufacturer of the same name. SafePal supports major cryptocurrencies and allows you to play at Bitcoin casinos without separate wallet software. SafePal is also available as an app for mobile devices and offers an exchange service in the wallet.
How to Make a Deposit at LTC Casino Using SafePal
- Install the SafePal extension for your browser.
- Create a new wallet. Do not forget to write down the mnemonic phrase, so you can restore access to the wallet or transfer it to another device if needed.
- Choose a cryptocurrency and top up your wallet. The wallet address will be displayed under the cryptocurrency logo after you open the corresponding tab.
- To make a deposit, click on the "Send" button, then insert the deposit address in the "To" field. You will also need to specify the deposit amount in cryptocurrency or US dollars.
- After the deposit is credited to the casino account, you can start playing.
Pros and Cons of SafePal for Playing at a Bitcoin CasinoPros:
- Wallet in your browser - no need to install stand-alone software;
- One of the few browser wallets that supports popular cryptocurrencies for playing at crypto casinos;
- Non-custodial wallet - does not require KYC, unlike browser wallets provided by payment platforms.
- The minimum amount for exchanging crypto in the wallet can reach $100-200.
Do I Need a Hardware Wallet to Play at a Bitcoin Casino?
The crypto wallets discussed above are so-called hot wallets. Such wallets are typically used for small amounts and short-term holding. This is exactly what most Bitcoin casino players need.
Another category is cold or hardware wallets. A hardware wallet is a separate device that you can connect to your computer when you need to send a crypto transaction. Such wallets do not have a standing connection to the Internet and therefore are better protected from hacks. The most popular hardware wallets are Ledger and Trezor. The average cost of such devices is about $100.
Whether to buy a hardware wallet or not is a matter of necessity.
- If you play for small amounts and immediately convert your winnings to fiat currency, most likely, you do not need a hardware wallet.
- If you play for larger amounts and prefer to keep crypto after winning, a hardware wallet can come in handy for you. For a reasonable price, you will obtain peace of mind regarding the safety of your crypto assets.
Anyway, hardware wallets are fully suitable for gambling with crypto. They support all major cryptocurrencies and have a software interface similar to the wallets described above.
How to Withdraw Winnings from LTC Casino to a Bitcoin Wallet
Withdrawals at LTC Casino happen the same way for all crypto wallets.
- In the top right corner, click on the profile icon, then select "My Wallet".
- Open the "Withdrawal" tab. Alternatively, you can click here to go to this section directly. You can change the cryptocurrency for withdrawals by choosing it from the drop-down list.
- Enter the desired withdrawal amount in cryptocurrency and paste your wallet address. You can check the address in the "Receive" tab of your wallet.
- After submitting a withdrawal request, verify the wallet address using the link in the email. Verification is required only once for each new address.
- Thereafter, your withdrawal request will be instantly processed by our system, and the cryptocurrency will be displayed in your wallet with the first confirmation in the blockchain.
How to Safely Use Bitcoin Wallets for Crypto Gambling
Most Bitcoin wallets come with an in-depth security guide, and it's not someone's desire to make your life more complicated. You should strictly follow the principles described there if you want to keep your crypto secure. Remember that crypto transactions are irreversible, and the safety of crypto assets depends on you to a much greater extent than the safety of money in traditional payment systems.
Let's look at the basic security rules for playing at a Bitcoin casino with a personal crypto wallet.
- Download wallets only from official sources. Downloading a fraudulent version of a popular wallet is the easiest way to lose your crypto. You should also be vigilant when installing wallets for a mobile device from app stores or APK files.
- Be extra cautious about the mnemonic phrase. The mnemonic phrase is shown when you create a wallet and can be used to restore access to it. In other words, anyone in possession of the mnemonic phrase can access your wallet. In this regard, the mnemonic phrase is even more important than the password. However, this does not imply that you may use weak passwords.
- Check the address before sending a transaction. Your computer may be infected with malware that replaces crypto addresses in the clipboard, but you will never know about that until it comes time to send a transaction. When depositing and withdrawing funds at a Bitcoin casino, make sure that the address you are going to send a transaction to is the same as the one displayed in the casino or your wallet. Checking the first and last few characters should be enough.
- Beware of phishing. Most users lose crypto due to their own mistakes by voluntarily sending it to a third-party address or disclosing critical information. For example, scammers may pose as a support team and claim that you must provide them with the mnemonic phrase or your wallet will be blocked. Messages like this are fake, so simply ignore them.
- Never buy hardware wallets from unauthorized sellers, even if they tell you that the wallet is new and offer a good discount. You may lose all of your crypto assets as a result!
Follow these tips to protect yourself from most of the threats that may trap you when using a crypto wallet to play at a Bitcoin casino.
Frequently Asked Questions About Crypto Wallets for Bitcoin Casinos
Do I need a crypto wallet to play at a Bitcoin casino?
Not necessarily. Instead, you can transfer crypto directly between the exchange and the casino. Read more on that in our "How to deposit into a Bitcoin casino using a bank card" guide.
Is it safe to keep cryptocurrency in a Bitcoin wallet?
The security of crypto assets in a Bitcoin wallet primarily depends on the user. Always follow safety guidelines for protecting your wallet.
What is the best crypto wallet for a Bitcoin casino?
Choose a crypto wallet for Bitcoin casinos based on your needs. In this article, we have reviewed trusted crypto wallets for desktop, mobile, and web browsers. The features they have are sufficient for most Bitcoin casino players.